Kart resources index 2
This page is for SuperTuxKart 0.7.3 and requires BLender 2.58 or better. See Kart resources index if you wish to make karts for SuperTuxKart 0.7.2 with Blender 2.4
This page is the index of resources about making karts for STK.
Get the tools
See article Installing the tools to get the proper blender setup
It's also a good idea to enable Artist Debug Mode
Guidelines & tutorials
Blender resources and tutorials
To configure materials, see Track_Maker's_Guide#Materials
Kart export checklist
Here is a short checklist that sum-up every important point viewed in the Kart tutorial.
- The kart's total triangle count is not above 3000 (approximately). Under 2000 would be better.
- Make sure mesh modifiers (mirror, subdivide, ...) are applied to the mesh objects.
- Make sure your objects are oriented correctly : when you hit Numpad 1 on blender, you should see the back of the kart.
- The kart should be located just above Y axis, as if it was the road (and to be clean centered on the Y and X axes).
- The dimensions of the kart are approximately between 0.7 and 1 (ingame tests are required to determine the final size).
- The rotation & scale of your objects must be reset.
- Texture files' dimensions are power of two (eg. 128x256, 512x512), and not too big (512x512 is usually fine).
- The armature bones have a 0 roll.
- Armature are parent of the mesh they animate (beware if you also use the "Armature" modifier, transformations may be applied twice to your mesh).
- Select the Wheel type for each wheel in the object properties panel
- You have an icon, ideally at least in 64x64 resolution.
- You have a shadow file.
To know how to export the kart, see Exporting karts.
If you have remarks or feedback about those resources, don't hesitate to post them on the forum, and if you see any mistakes please tell, or even correct them !